Key Point: The Republican Congress (and Ernest Istook is part of it) is not taking care of America. (why should Oklahomans want him to bring DC values to Oklahoma?) Democrats believe Congress should work for everyone (not just the privileged few, and not just for their Republican cronies.) It's time for a New Direction. It's time for Democratic leadership.
The American people have had enough of the failed leadership and incompetent policies of Republicans, like Ernest Istook, in Washington.
- Failures that put our security in doubt and incompetence that put our soldiers at risk
- Economic polices that have left Americans working harder to make less.
- Cuts student loans at time when families can barely afford college at all.
- Handouts to oil companies making record profits while Americans pay $3 gas.
- Giveaways to drug companies while health care costs skyrocket.
- Threats to seniors' retirement security while CEOs get golden parachutes.
Democrats stand against those who put America's security at risk with blind faith in failed policies. We stand against those who put the middle class at risk by putting the special interests before America's interests.
Democrats stand united, we stand with the American people, and we stand for change.
- Real Security, at home and overseas
- Better jobs for the American people-for better pay
- College access for all
- Energy independence
- Affordable health care and life-saving science
- Retirement security and dignity
It is time for a New Direction in DC.
Elect Oklahoma Democrats to Congress in November.
Elect Alan Gentges, CD 1
Elect Dan Boren, CD 2
Elect Sue Barton, CD 3
Elect Hal Spake, CD 4
Elect David Hunter, CD 5