Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Statement of Senator John Kerry
Nov. 1, 2006

As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don't want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops.

2 comments:

RD said...

(lol)
John Kerry would never say that our "US troops in Vietnam routinely raped, murdered, tortured and burned villages in a style reminiscent of Ghenkis Khan" either.

John Kerry would never say that US troops in Iraq should not be "knocking down doors in the dark of night terrorizing innocent women and children".

No, John Kerry (who got 3 purple hearts in Vietnam) would NEVER EVER say anything bad about the troops.

So, it was a joke about BUsh getting bad grades and not being as smart as John Kerry?

Bush had better grades at YALE than Senator Kerry.... so who is stupid?

There is still time to get algore out there in public to say something idiotic before the election and "snatch defeat from the jaws of victory"....
WHich just happens to be the Democrat plan for Iraq.

Oilfieldguy said...

Never apologize, always attack. Why has Bush abondoned our troops and turned over authority to Iraqi Prime Minister Maliki? If Blue notes is not aware of this huge scandal just click on my name. At this writing it is my top article on my blog.

Perhaps some of our candidates should be demanding some answers. It's about the war folks.