Monday, May 14, 2007


Gov. Henry Appoints Roth to Corporation Commission

Letter From Jim Roth


Monday, May 14, 2007

Dear Friends,

It has been several months since you last heard from me or our campaign. But I have some really exciting news to share with you.

It has been such an honor to serve Oklahoma County, specifically District One, as County Commissioner. I am very proud of the many great things my team and I have accomplished for Oklahoma County. I am especially proud that each of you have invested in our vision and have invested in the good ideals of public service.

As you may, or may not, be aware, Corporation Commissioner Denise Bode submitted her resignation effective May 31. Today, Governor Brad Henry announced that he is appointing me to fill the vacancy created by Ms. Bode.

I believe this is an awesome opportunity and am so excited to serve. I am thankful to Governor Henry for this opportunity to serve the people of Oklahoma, and I look forward to the challenges that lie ahead on the Corporation Commission.

I pledge to approach my work as a Commissioner with balance and careful consideration. The duties of the Corporation Commission have a far-reaching impact on both businesses and consumers, and that calls for complete fairness and working to build a consensus.

I have tried to be a great steward of the public’s interest as county commissioner, and I believe that our strong record is the reason the Governor decided to appoint me to the Corporation Commission. I promise to serve with the same high ethics and honesty in this new role.

Friends matter more now than ever. We will be running for election in 2008 and will need your help. Please stay tuned for ways to help. I am honored by your friendship and support.

Sincerely,

Jim Roth

No comments: