Wednesday, May 31, 2006

SEMINOLE COUNTY

Enjoyed lunch yesterday with some great Democrats in Seminole. County chairman Gordon Melson made the introductions after County vicechair Liz Estes organized the monthly event. County Sheriff Joe Craig and his deputies were there for part of the meeting. While in town I stopped by the "Seminole Producer" for a quick chat with publisher Stu Phillips where I was reminded that our grandfathers knew each other through their long time involvement in the Oklahoma Historical Society. Stu and I also share a passion for truth in journalism and he remembered that I once worked as a newspaper editor for the Hobart Democrat-Chief. Liz and I then made a short stop at the Seminole County Courthouse in Wewoka where we visited with folks in the County Commissioners' office and stopped by to see County Treasurer Jim Hardin, County Assessor Sharon Butler and County Election Board Secretary Mary Jo Rains.

No comments: